Sunday, February 13, 2011

I bought a rainbow neck sweatshirt. It's like a crew neck.

It was bound to happen. I just didn’t expect it would be so soon.
After having coffee with the group in Dublin, we all trekked downstairs to the loo. I was admiring the bathroom and dilly dallying as usual. As I exited the stall, I noticed I didn’t recognize anyone in the room.  They left me. At this point in my life, I no longer entertain thoughts like Oh, maybe I beat them all out or They’re probably just waiting close by.  One time, I was in a bathroom so long, some girls started crying because they thought I’d died. [Really, I just didn’t want to go to cross country practice.] I’ve lost my restroom naivetĂ©.  If my dad can leave me in a Fazoli’s bathroom 200 miles from home, a group of acquaintances can easily do the same.  Don’t worry, I made it out ok.  I can’t say the same for the reopened wounds on my heart.

I saw the Book of Kells and a Beauty and the Beast library wannabe at Trinity College, and I visited the president of Ireland's house on Saturday. In all of these places, photography was prohibited “due to the nature of the building”. Apparently, Irish buildings are prone to seizures in more ways than one.
We didn’t have to go through security for the tour at the president's house. You could bring in machetes and throwing stars, but NO COFFEE!  Her Luckiness would much rather have a bomb planted in the piano than a drop of drink on her golden baby statues. I can’t really tell you what I learned on that tour because our guide was a liar. She said, “I’m not going to touch this photograph because I knocked it over last time.” Then, she touched it. I’m starting to think this wasn’t even the president’s house at all.

I chased some sheep over mounds of dead people at Tara Hill. I had a brown one cornered and we danced a little dance, but I let the little fellow escape. For now. I want a wool sweater, and I want it for free.  Really, I was mainly just gathering data on how to best capture a sheep.
Discovery: Some sheep have horns, but they point inward.
Note to self:  Avoid sheep running in reverse.

After seeing two sets of ruins I have come to the conclusion that all ruins look pretty much the same. The main difference comes down to which one makes a better playground based on the number of holes in the structure. This one has crypts? Cannonball!
I hear St. Patrick's favorite game was red rover.


There is some influence from the United States trickling in over here. We watched the Super Bowl, and the Lions won! This season, the Lions beat the Packers , and the Packers won the Super Bowl. By the transitive property, the Lions are the Super Bowl champions. I can’t wait until it’s actually them playing in there next year! Also, we had hot dogs and spaghetti o’s for dinner the other day. I felt American, and it felt strangely like obesity.
Walking off spaghetti o's with my ginger friend. Only 78 more miles until we break even!
Playing football with lads. I'm picking daisies on defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment