Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 1- The Grass is Greener on the Other Side Because We Don't Have Any Snow

“Lord, please do not let this plane crash into the ocean. If it must crash, let me die on impact. I hate sharks. Amen.” 
God answered the first part of this prayer, thank goodness.
                I was very much looking forward to flying on Aer Lingus, but the workers may or may not be on strike. They didn’t report in to work to tell us. So, we flew on Air Berlin. There wasn’t really much of a difference, except the stewardesses had really angry accents and they have the audacity to spell “air” without an “e”.  However, the captain had the voice of a whispering German Mufasa. It sounded like he was sending very important and cryptic messages: “Der Saft des Tages ist orange. “  The juice of the day is orange?  What secret meaning will I find in my cup of pulp, commander? Unfortunately, I only saw liquid. In all fairness, I didn’t have a wise primate egging me on to look harrrrder.          
                Our first Irish meal once we arrived in Ireland was very confusing.  We had breakfast food at lunchtime when our biological clocks said it was dinnertime. And there were croissants. Never eat a croissant. If you eat a croissant, Paula Dean wins.
We had 1.5 hours of sleep last night, and we’re not allowed to go to bed until 8pm today [If this post is incorehent, I apologize.] They’re keeping us awake with biscuits, water, and occasional slaps, but that might just have been a dream I had.
                We walked around Greystones. It actually has grey stones. If this pattern continues, I can only imagine what goes down in Kilkenny.
                Over the rainbow and out,
                Audrey

My Irish Quarters.

Roommate #1 loves Justin Bieber. Roommate #2 hopefully loves matches.


There's a mountain in my backyard.

3 comments:

  1. AUDREY MAY!!!! this is phenomenal, we missed you at the globe... but you're too busy traveling around it so well okay. I love you humor and your face, glad you made it safely miss o'malley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this might be the best blog i have ever read. I miss you and your punnyness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Audrey! Loving this blog already. Keep the funny posts coming and the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete